Q&A Business Leaders – David Knox, Carol Schwartz, Graham Bradley, Elizabeth Proust & John Symond, A fantastic episode of Q&A from ABC1 that shows what some business leaders really think about the Australian economy. Interestingly, this also touches upon the Carbon Tax – and not a single panelist has a problem with it – including the oil industry.
Key moments in the debate:
* 10:03 – Do the business people on the panel support the carbon tax?
* 19:12 – Thoughts of Tony Abbott’s parental leave scheme for his so called women of calibre.
* 25:32 – The gender pay gap & equality in the workplace.
* 31:58 – Workchoices and its effectiveness of keeping jobs in Australia.
* 38:06 – The move from mining to agriculture, foreign investment and corporate tax evasion.
* 44:50 – Negative gearing and how it affects home ownership and the rise of rents and property price rising.
* 49:35 – Gas fracking and its acceptance in society.
* 55:28 – Balancing social and environmental responsibility with corporate needs.,